The Regional Studies Association has commissioned a Policy Expo to look at place-based policy and its implementation around the globe. Andrew Beer, Markku Sotarauta, Sarah Ayres, Jiri Blazek and Fiona McKenzie took up the challenge. See for more HERE.
- David Charles – Universities as Anchor Institutions: Agencies of Change in Urban Regeneration?
- Yuzhuo Cai – Conceptualising Socially Responsible Entrepreneurial Universities
- Heli Kurikka – Regional economic resilience and agency
- Jari Kolehmainen – Resilient Region, Resilient Regional Higher Education Institution? Insights from Kuressaare, Estonia and Seinäjoki, Finland
- Markku Sotarauta – Trinity of Change Agency and Reflections
- Lisa Nieth – Regional Innovation Strategies as Processes of Knowledge Combination: The Case of the Creative Science Park in Aveiro
- Lisa Nieth, Paul Benneworth, Liliana Fonseca & Maria Salomaa – Higher Education Institutions and Place Leadership in an Age of the “Overburdened Universities”: reflections from the RUNIN research project
Sotarauta, M. 2018. Verkostot keskittyvässä yliopistojärjestelmässä. Futura, 37(3) 72-77
The University of Tampere’s place remains good on the ranking list of Times Higher Education magazine. Again this time, the University of Tampere was the best of the Finnish universities in the number of citations, where it has continued to rise and is now in place 106.
See for more from HERE
The Triple Helix and Beyond – A New Era. Triple Helix XVI Conference 5-8, September, 2018
- Kolehmainen, J., Kurikka, H., Raagmaa, G. & Keerberg, A. Resilient region, resilient regional higher education institution? Insights from Kuressaare, Estonia and South Ostrobotnia, Finland
Australian Research Council on kutsunut Prof. Markku Sotaraudan arvioimaan ARC Centres of Excellence -ohjelmaan jätettyjä hakemuksia.
Global Conference on Economic Geography. 24-6.7.2018. Cologne, Germany.
- Grillitsch, M. & Sotarauta, M. Special sessions on agency and regional path development
- Sotarauta, M & Grillitsch, M. 2018. Regional Growth Paths: From Structure to Agency and Back. Global Conference on Economic Geography. 25.7.2018. Cologne, Germany.