Ken Nielsen, New York University Abu Dhabi
Katri Tanskanen, University of Helsinki
Book reviews editor
(Books for review can be sent to Ulla Kallenbach, Syddansk Universitet, Campusvej 55, DK-5230 Odense M)
The editorial board
Willmar Sauter, University of Stockholm, Sweden
Bruce McConachie, University of Pittsburgh, USA
Kirsten Shepherd-Barr, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
Anneli Saro, University of Tartu, Estonia
Terry Gunnell, University of Iceland, Iceland
Live Hov, University of Oslo, Norway
Annelis Kuhlmann, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Laura Cull 0 Maoilearca, University of Surrey, United Kingdom
Freddie Rokem, University of Tel Aviv, Israel
Hanna Järvinen, University of the Arts, Helsinki, Finland
Jurgita Staniskyte, Vytautas Magnus University, Kaunas, Lithuania
Zane Radzobe, University of Latvia, Latvia
Riku Roihankorpi, University of Tampere, Finland
Ulla Kallenbach, University of Southern Denmark
Editorial Board Guidelines
The Editorial Board of Nordic Theatre Studies works with the Editorial Team of the journal (the editor-in chief, the co-editor and the book review editor) to develop and promote the journal. The Editorial Board consist, as follows, of a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 14 members, appointed by the publisher (the board of the Association of Nordic Theatre Scholars) in cooperation with the editor-in chief:
- One member (if possible) from each of the eight countries represented in the Association of Nordic Theatre Scholars (Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway and Sweden);
- Two members from the board of the Association of Nordic Theatre Scholars, one of which serves as chairperson of the Editorial Board;
- Four members from outside the Nordic/Baltic region.
The members should hold a doctorate degree and be active scholars in the field of theatre studies. They are chosen on the basis of their expertise and research output and should aim to represent a broad spectrum of the field of theatre and performance studies. Members of the Editorial Board are appointed for a term of four years, with the possibility of renewal for a second consecutive term. The board of the Association of Nordic Theatre Scholars is responsible for the renewal of Editorial Board members, bearing in mind, to ensure continuity, that not all board members are replaced at the same time.
The tasks of the Editorial Board are:
- To review submitted manuscripts and abstracts;
- To provide expertise in their specialist area;
- To advise on the policies and scope of the journal;
- To identify topics for journal issues and support the Editorial Team in developing and distributing calls for articles;
- To support the Editor Team to ensure the ongoing development and promotion of the journal;
- To attract new and established authors and article submissions.
Members of the Editorial Board are encouraged to submit some of their own work for publication in the journal, ensuring that they state their relationship to the journal and adhere to guidelines regarding conflict of interest.
The chairperson is responsible for managing meetings and communication within the Editorial Board as well as with the board of the Association of Nordic Theatre Scholars.