Urban and Regional Studies Group is one of the research groups of the Faculty of Management. Its research interests are diversified within the urban and regional development context, and range from innovation systems and communities to culture and creative industries to strategic spatial planning to place leadership and institutional entrepreneurship. We are, and have been, engaged in several international comparative research projects the aim being that these efforts would lead to deeper undersanding of the dynamics of knowledge-based local and regional development.
- Knowledge-based local and regional development
- Competitiveness and resilience of cities and regions
- Innovation (eco)systems
- Leadership and institutional entrepreneurship in local and regions economic development
- Networks in innovation systems and regional development
- Strategic spatial planning