- Taylor & Francis e-books has been moved to a new platform. University of Tampere has access to over 130 books. You can narrow down your search results to University of Tampere collection by doing a search and then selecting ”show content I have access to”. Taylor & Francis e-books can also be found in Tamcat database.
- From November Adobe Digital Editions or Bluefire Reader will be the software for downloads for Dawsonera e-books. Adobe Reader will not be supported with Dawsonera downloads anymore.
- E-book Collection EBSCOhost has switched to single-sign-in using the University basic user account like all the Ebsco databases. Create a new Ebsco account and link it to your basic user account when you download books or create notes for the first time. Later you will only need your basic user account. If you already have an Ebsco account, you can link it to your basic user account. Please follow instructions in Ebook Collection EBSCOhost.
- The entire Ebook Central collection (including the books that University of Tampere does not have access to) is visible only if you have signed in with your basic user account. This applies to both on campus and off campus use. In Ebook Central you can send a book request to the Library if we don’t have access to the book (5 minutes preview).
- Ebook Central has some new usability enhancements (for example DRM-free chapter download) and improved book detail pages.
- MyiLibrary will merge to Ebook Central later this year and Humanities E-Books will move to a new platform in the summer 2018.
Our E-book guide will be updated accordingly this changes.
Information Specialist Soile Kolehmainen