During the opening week of the University, the Library welcomes especially the new students. In addition to our staff at the Customer Service desk of Linna library you will meet there a library guide who can also answer to your questions and direct you forward.
Go and find the Library Orienteering points in Linna. From our guide you’ll get the questions for seven orienteering points. When checking them you’ll learn more about library services and premises. Exercise is useful: all participants will get a prize.
On the Opening Day, Tuesday 5 September, you’ll find the library specialists at our stand in the Main building, and also with IT Helpdesk in Arvo building. Come and ask us e.g. about e-resources or our guidance services. Also try a referencing game, and click yourself a prize in Library Kimble. Welcome to meet us!
Tampere University Press Book of the Year 2016 will be announced in an event on Friday 5 May at 15:00. The event takes place in Linna building, former bookshop space on the 1st floor. In this event the writer/writers of the Book the Year will be awarded with a diploma. The language of the event is Finnish.
This time the Book of the Year has been chosen by the members of the Editorial Board of Tampere University Press: Professor Mikko Keskinen, University of Jyväskylä; PhD Terttu Kortelainen, University of Oulu; Professor Vuokko Niiranen, University of Eastern Finland; Professor emerita Ullamaija Kivikuru; Professor emeritus Matti Alestalo; Professor Veli-Matti Värri, University of Tampere.
In the year 2016 Tampere University Press (TUP) published 125 books, 119 of them academic dissertations. Dissertations do not enter this competition.
The book of the year was chosen from six books. They all are Open Access books, published on TamPub portal and on international OAPEN Library portal.
- Halmetoja, Antti, Koistinen, Pertti & Ojala, Satu (ed.): Sosiaalipolitiikan lumo
- Heikkilä Mikko K.: Kuka oli herra Heinäricki? – piispa Henrikin arvoitus
- Miettinen, Tiina & Toivo, Raisa Maria: Mitä väliä on historialla?
- Nyanchaga, Ezekiel Nyangeri: History of Water Supply and Governance in Kenya (1895-2005) Lessons and Futures
- Rannisto, Pasi-Heikki & Tienhaara, Piia: Sote-palvelut markkinoilla – tavoitteita, toiveita ja ristiriitoja
- Syväjärvi, Antti & Pietiläinen, Ville: Inhimillinen ja tehokas sosiaali- ja terveysjohtaminen
Tampere University Library
Tampere University Press
- Why can’t I open the e-book on my computer at home?
- Why can’t I download an e-book to my computer?
- In which service do I need a separate user name?
- How can I create bookmarks and notes on an e-book?
- Why can’t I open an article that is linked to Moodle?
Library’s E-point is a place where you’ll get answers to these questions among other things. E-point is open from Tuesday 22 to Thursday 24 November between 10.00 and 13.00 on Linna library’s 1st floor. Come to meet us! You can take your own laptop or tablet along.
You’ll find answers also on our E-book guide. You can even chat with us or book a personal guidance session.
More information on E-point:
Information specialist Aniita Ahlholm-Kannisto
Aniita.Ahlholm-Kannisto@uta.fi, tel. 040 190 4242